Sunday, September 17, 2006

Not Just Any Other Day

Sunday, September 17th, 2006. It was an AMAZING day!

Helped Francine with the Grade 1&2 Sunday School class. We had 5 kids today, we're still missing some. Then church was awesome. Then I went out to Wendy's for lunch, then I drove 4 of the Boyles out to the camp. Camp is awesome. Anyone who knows me or read some of this Blog would know how I feel about it... Waxmen was there to do wax castings of your hands. They were a huge hit with everyone. I was tempted to get my camera done...but maybe that would have been a bad idea...cool...but bad...although having a blue and red wax camera would be sweet! Then we had worship down in the pavilion. It was great, it was so great to see so many people come out and worship together! Then Michael Trusty spoke, and then they showed my slideshow! I rushed it quite a bit (still wasn't quick...but I mean it didn't take weeks like other's I've done, haha) I also decided to add to my stress by doing it with a new program that I had to try and figure out while I made it. (I'll upload it to as soon as I get a chance and put it here - actually I don't know if it's possible. The video was over 500 Megs!) After that Anne Inman got up and said some awesome things, I couldn't believe it. I didn't know she felt that way. I mean, I do what I can for people and I love to volunteer for things. But it's nice to know that people really do appreciate the things you do...no matter how small they may seem.

The highlight of my day though, was my baptism! It was awesome to see so many people gather as I was ready to take another step (or leap) forward in my journey through this life. I have to thank you again Ben for doing this for me! Here's a pic afterwards! :)

Now that I have baptized, I can finally become an official member of my church! And not only that, but that means I get a vote; and we have an important one coming up this Sunday. Talk about timing!

It meant a lot to see people from my church, and people I've met through camp, and the ones from MCC, and even people I've never met before witness this time in my life. Thank you all!

Well, I have class at 8:00am tomorrow. This week will be a little easier in the sense that I don't have to work a full-time job while going to school, but it will still be busy! I have something going on every evening this week. Monday to Sunday, holy cow...I'm not used to that...I'm used to working on something every evening sure, but not having to be somewhere for something.

Think it's possible to memorize Matthew 5 through osmosis?

"Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven." (Matthew 10:32)

5 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger Ben said...

Amen brother. A Big Day for sure. I was hounoured to be a part of it.

 
At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations on the baptisim tyler! best decision you could ever make! it was awesome to see

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

I tried listening to the verses while I slept, but it didn't work (wonder why!). Good luck with your version of studying Matthew 5!

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Trooper said...

Tee hee! I'm so proud it's giving me a warm fuzzy feeling! Sad i couldn't be there, yes...:( but pictures help me to think i was. Somebody better put that slideshow online! I will surely die if i do not get to see it.

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger Tyler said...

Thanks a lot guys! That means a lot :)

And I'm doing it as I type this Liz! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home